Tuesday, September 9, 2008

An Early Start

I thought I had to be at class today at 8:30, but it turns out I don't have class until 10:15, so I have a little bit of extra time. I will probably leave for university in about twenty minutes I guess. I woke up after having a strange dream this morning, around five, and it took me a while to go back to sleep. Then I woke up for class at seven, took a shower, got dressed and such, and had some breakfast. Again, bread with butter and this time, orange marmalade. I also had a macchiato. I think I called it something else yesterday, but today, after thinking about it, I think that is technically what it is. I know this from working at the Starbucks in the dining hall at school occasionally. I really liked working there, it was kind of fun being a barrista! Anyway, macchiato means to mark the foam, I believe. So first you put in the hot, foamy milk, and then you put in the coffee. Usually I guess it is espresso though. I went out for a walk, and took some pictures of the neighborhood.
Here is the entrance to our house. It's pretty, I think. Martinweg nummer 9. Weg just means way, basically. I can't remember if it is Renate or Werner's mother, but she lives right next door. I talked to her for a bit, but she doesn't know any English at all, so it makes it a little difficult. I think she told me that she was going to go into the city to meet an old school friend for breakfast. Either that, or she already had. And that she was going to go the park, I believe. It's really neat that they live next door, I think. They kind of share a garden together, and there is small pen in the grandmother's yard that the guinea pig and the bunny stay in sometimes. Usually the bunny is in the garage, where they keep their bikes. The guinea pig mostly stays in the house, but goes outside sometimes too. The bunny is much bigger than the guinea pig, and is in charge. I think the bunny kept trying to bite the guinea pig! It was pretty funny. So I went into the shed/garage to play with Willi, the bunny for a little bit. They used to have another bunny, I can't remember what his name is, but it died. :( Poor bunny.
He is very fidgety though, which I guess is normal for bunnies. He was a bit skittish when I tried to pet him,
but if I put my hand out, he would kind of butt it/nuzzle it with his nose. It was a bit more forceful than a nuzzle though. I think he wanted to be scratched on the head, but I'm not too familiar with bunnies. But he was being cutesy! I love him, so far. I hope he never bites me.

I took a few pictures of some of the neighbor houses as well, and a few pictures of the recycling bins. Germans really know what they are doing here with recycling, as I'm sure you can guess!





This means, stop! Exit free!, literally. They are on most of the gates outside the neighborhood houses. I think it just means don't come in.. Maybe. I'll have to ask.







And here are the apples from the apple trees.













And the backyard. Behind those balls is rock that is a little fountain! It's really cute! Ok, well, I need to head of to class. More, later, maybe!

4 comments:

bagofcorn said...

ohh, the house is cool and i like the little dry stream bed. I guess he is an architect so it makes sense....

aww and the bunny foo foo

Shari Bac said...

The house looks really cute! Sorry, but I know the bunny WILL end up biting you at some point, especially when you succumb to the urge to bite its ears (if you haven't already!) I'm glad speaking and understanding is getting easier and easier. I suspect it won't be long until you'll have trouble typing your blog in English.

Amanda said...

I had toast with orange marmalade every day that I was in the U.K. and thought I'd have to have it when I got back as well, but I haven't wanted it at all. I'm glad you get to have pets. Willi is adorable.

cebacurin said...

No! My hostmother is the architect, my hostfather is a computer tech on campus.