Monday, October 13, 2008

Boat trip!


Yesterday was quite a bit of fun. I got up early, for a Sunday, I think about 9 or 10 am. Yes, that is early for me. I can't remember what I did in the morning, so it must not have been too important. I had plans set for Sunday though, and I didn't want to rush out the door, so I mad sure to be up and ready.
The group met at the bus stop near the train station, and then we took the bus a ways out. Bo and David's host parents have some sort of access to a boat, so they offered to take us all out on it. It is a fairly small boat, but it was a lot of fun. At the beginning of the day, the weather was pretty dismal, but eventually it turned out nice. We were on the boat for a couple of hours, and went up and down the Donau. We were able to take some great pictures of Walhalla, which I was really excited about. The host parents were really nice, other than the fact that they are apparently hippies and have neither TV nor internet. Whatever. I can understand TV, but internet seems a little out there too me. They were cool nonetheless. Micheala, the host mom, made some sort of baked good that looked like biscotti when you take it out of the oven, but it wasn't hard. It was quite tasty. She also brought lots of little sample sized Ritter Sport chocolate, some lemon cookies, some drinks, and some Haribo gummies. The drinks and the gummies were a bit odd. One of the drinks was some sort of sports drink that was cherry-lemon- and something else flavored. I decided that was a bit much for me. The gummies were also strange...a lot of them looked like licorice, and a lot of them also looked like marzipan. I'm not too fond of either, but I did try a gummie that looked like a berry. It was okay.




Havin fun isn't hard. When you've got a boat.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, eating whacked out food on a boat would make me sick in no time!

I don't know, I liked your story about driving to Atlanta, but I don't think I had much of a reaction to it either. Have you told them about any of your dreams? Those crack me up EVERY time, and I barely even knew you the first time I heard the Tony Danza dream. Anyone who doesn't think that's funny must have something seriously wrong with them.

Joanne said...

I think you pictures are terrific. It looks beautiful. I want to go there. I'm glad to hear that you appreciate the terrific opportunity. Your mom and I need to be rich.

Natalie Corinne said...

I hope Ted doesn't read your blog :)

cebacurin said...

Yeah..I've tried telling people about my crazy dreams, but they just don't get it. And I mean, no one else really knows what vectors are anyway..So.Maybe They're all too normal to get it.
I'm glad you guys like all the photos! I'm having fun taking them!! I really wish you could all come visit! It would be a blast!

Big Daddy said...

Blues/Rock Legend Johnny Winter at
Kulturspeicher in Regensburg on 10-24-2008. I'm just saying!
Hope you got to drive the boat .
BTW,I am working on a Weizenbock in your honor for Weihnachten .
Onkel Pete

cebacurin said...

Actually, I've seen a bunch of signs for him! And yes, I did get to drive the boat, but I wasn't very good at it..